Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ordinary Writer's Forums are for the Birds

Have you ever visited the writers' forums that are out there? Well, I have. Just let me tell you, many of them leave a lot to be desired. If you post your work, one of two things will happen. Either you've posted in the wrong place, because the directions for the categories are unclear and are named all kinds of crazy things that are unrelated to the subject, and then you'll have moderators on your tail faster than you can sneeze. Or, you'll get all kinds of snide, rude, uncouth, inappropriate remarks about your work from writers who think they are God's gift to mankind. I was getting pretty desperate in my search for a good forum, as it helps when a writer has others who will criticize their work constructively. So, I left behind all my registrations to writer's forums and created my own. That ought to teach 'em. It's up and running and called Christian Creative Writers at www.christiancreativewriters.com . My intentions are to create a God fearing community of creative writers who will help each other grow in their talents rather than tear them down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment