Sunday, July 17, 2011

Baby Steps

I'm finished!!! Done, done, done. I can hardly believe I managed to get through 50 pages of changing she, her, and Ruth (that was my fictitious name) into me, my and I. Whew, I'm so glad that's over. Now, it's back on the long road to story completion. The only problem is, I have fifty pages and I've only covered one year out of the fifteen years I want to cover. It's not that I wasn't doing anything for all the other years of my life (no, I won't tell you how many years that is), but these particular years were very significant. If the math holds, that will make the book about 750 pages long.  Who in the world would want to read a 750 page memoir? I'm not even sure I have the patients to write it. I need a good editor!

I think the coast is clear. I may be able to start writing a different story without my husband getting too bent out of shape, so whenever I need a break, I will definitely be giving it a try . Unfortunately, I'll need to come up with some story ideas of my own. It was easier working 40 hours a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment