Saturday, July 30, 2011

Yap, Yap, Yap

Yesterday I planned to get up, look for a job, and then do some writing. But, after searching for a job for hours, I lost every ounce of creative energy I had. Reading job description after job description turns one's mind to mush. For the job descriptions that are the size of a novel, I wish I could get revenge and send them a book for a resume and force them to read it. I can read fairly quickly because I read a lot, but one can only do so much with a job description whose equivalent in length is the Obama Health Care plan.  I can understand the compulsion to ramble on (after all I do that), but there is a time and place for it and a job description probably isn't one of them and neither is health care. What would it be like to work for somebody who can't shut up anyway? That's a thought I'd rather not think about. You'd be under the gun to get the work done with someone yapping in your ear all day, and then, fired, because you couldn't get your work done. Perhaps it's better to do the job search every other day and write on the days off. Thankfully, today will be a writing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment